Note: This is the translation of a contract, which was
written by AAWS's attorney in German language February 4th, 1998.
Pressure was put on an AA member to sign it. When he was ready to sign
it, AAeV refused and added more claims. Thus the situation remains unresolved
and the lawsuit continues on March 26,1998.
[full name and address of a German AA member, herein called "m"]
Anonymous Alcoholics Interest Society, Inc., represented by the General Service Board , Lotte-Branz-Str.14, 80939 Munich, here represented by attorney Frieder Roth, Gewurzmuhlstr. 5, 80538 Munich, [Germany]
herein called "AAeV"
1. Mr. "m" does commit himself in respect of AAeV
The commitment according to paragraph 1 applies especially to
b) the booklet A-A-ktuell 11/95 (an AA group's newsletter) with the English original version of "Bill's Story" and three German translations.
c) the booklet A-A-ktuell 7/96 with the title "Too young?" where the picture stories "It happened to Alice ..." and "Too young?" are contained in (in German translation).
2. The above described commitment is made by Mr. "m"
4. Mr. "m" commits himself to pay a fine to AAeV for every single case of violation of his commitment as laid down in paragraph 1. AAeV will then choose how much money punishment he has to pay. In case of disagreement from sides of Mr. "m" with the appropriateness of the fine, this will be brought before the Court of State in Frankfurt/Main to check out.
5. Mr. "m" declares that he has presently not filed any law suit and brought no criminal charge against AAeV or any of it's members. The AA member also refrains from doing that in the future -- as long as AAeV does not sue him.
6. AAeV discontinues the law suit before the Court of State in Frankfurt Main (ID number). Mr. "m" pays all court expenses. Each side pays it's own attorney's cost. Other commercial law suits against "m" have not been filed for the moment.
7. AAeV has filed a suit at the criminal chamber of the Supreme Court of State in Frankfurt that criminal investigation and punishment be brought against Mr. "m" . AAeV discontinues that.
AAeV will also tell the Attorney of State at the Court of State in Frankfurt,
that because of an outside-court-accord AAeV has lost interest in the criminal
investigations, which were started April 7th, 1996 and are still going
on (ID numbers) .
9. This accord is set forth as soon as it is signed by both sides and
both sides hold a copy in hands signed by both sides.
D3\D3395 [attorney's file reference number]