Note: This is the translation of a contract, which was written
by AAWS's attorney in German language February 4th, 1998. Pressure
was put on an AA member to sign it. When he was ready to sign it Feb15,
1998 AAWS refused and their attorney called the accused AA member added
further requests. Thus the situation remains unresolved. Because they found
nothing wrong police and other authorities have already stopped meanwhile
some of the seven criminal investigations brought against this AA member
by the AAWS attorney.
[full name and address of a certain AA member, in the following text replaced by "m"]
World Services, Inc., represented by George Dorsey, 475 Riverside Drive,
New York, NY 10115, here represented by attorney Frieder Roth, Gewurzmuhlstr.
5, 80538 Munich, [Germany]
1. Mr. "m" does commit himself in respect of AAWS to
This includes the commitment
Included in the commitment are also versions of this text as already published or announced in "German", Swedish, Finnish, Hebrew, Russian, Spanish and English language by the Big Book Study Group. This commitment includes in the same manner any other so-called service material of AAWS. This commitment applies and is set forth, regardless if the considered AA literature or service material is protected by copyright or not.
2. The above described commitment is made by Mr. "m"
b) in his role as owner of the company [name] and
c) in his role as member of the Big Book Study Group in Bad Homburg.
4. AAWS will not carry out any legal action in matters as described herein against "m", as long as he complies with his commitment as made herein.
5. Solely German law applies to this agreement.
The parties of this contract here agree that the Court of State in Frankfurt/Main will be the only one for all battles.
6. This accord is set forth as soon as it is signed by both sides and both sides hold a copy in hands signed by both sides.
New York / Munich, date
D3\D3397 [attorney's file reference number]